International Registration Plan (IRP)
For complete information on how to apply for the International Registration Plan (IRP),
When applying for a new IRP account, please note the following:
- New accounts are not processed over-the-counter at DMV.
- Payment of fees for new accounts or renewals must be made in guaranteed funds (certified check, bank check, money order).
- Do not obtain or renew regular commercial plates if you think you will be obtaining IRP "apportioned" plates.
- Newly registered IRP commercial vehicles expire 12 months from the date of registration, on the last day of the month.
- There is no commercial credit if the vehicles were previously registered with commercial plates.
Once you have established an IRP account, you can at any time add vehicles to the account, delete vehicles, transfer vehicles, change vehicle weight, etc.
Content Last Modified on 2/13/2018 10:16:23 AM