Bill of Sale
For purposes of selling your vehicle privately, the seller of a motor vehicle may draft his/her own bill of sale as long as it contains the following information:
- Vehicle information such as, make, year, model, vehicle identification number, and an odometer reading.
- Buyer information, such as name and address of buyer, and buyer's signature.
- Seller information, such as name and address of seller, and seller's signature.
- Selling price and date sold.
We also have an online Bill of Sale (form H-31) that you can complete on-line and print.
Obtaining a copy of the original Bill of Sale:
- Complete a Title Copy Records Request (form J-23T)
- Fill in sections 2 and 3 or 4 of the form and the requester section, including your telephone number.
- Return the form, along with copies of 2 forms of identification as stated on the form.
- Enclose the required $20 fee.
Note: Please include a copy of the original registration showing the date of issue to begin the search (if available).
In approximately four to six weeks, you will receive a copy of the Bill of Sale you requested.
Content Last Modified on 2/5/2013 3:05:07 PM