Requesting a Copy of a Plate Receipt
Through the Mail
COMING SOON: DMV will soon give customers the convenience of making road test appointments online. See more information here.
What to do:
- Complete a Copy Records Request (form J-23).
- Provide the following information:
- Plate number
- The name and address of the registered owner as it appears on the registration
- Copy of one form of identification as stated on the J-23 form.
- Enclose the $20 payment.
- Please mail the completed form, copy of ID, and payment to:
Department of Motor Vehicles
Copy Records Unit
60 State Street
Wethersfield, CT 06161
Content Last Modified on 4/25/2017 10:59:55 AM