DMV: Apply for a license menu

Applying for a Driver's License    
NEW PROCESS: You will not receive a permanent driver license or ID card while at a DMV office, AAA location, Milford Nutmeg State Financial Credit Union or West Haven City Hall.   It will arrive through the mail.  You will keep your expiring license/ID and receive a temporary paper card.  For more on this, please see Central Issuance.  After visiting an office, you can track the delivery of your new card.

Please choose a license type for more information:
Drive Only (Undocumented individuals)
Transfer to Connecticut (New residents)
Testing Information (Knowledge and road tests) 

Content Last Modified on 6/6/2018 3:14:30 PM