Driving School License
Below are items needed to open a Commercial Driving School in Connecticut:
- Application for Driving School License (R-94 form) completed.
- Accurate Map of the location including property lines, building dimensions showing windows and doors and other characteristics of the location.
- Fire Marshals Report.
- A Driver Education Vehicle equipped with auxiliary controls.
- Insurance binder listing the coverage for each vehicle -$300,000 per vehicle (Driver Education Unit listed as the certificate holder).
- $15,000 Bond.
- Corporation or Trade name papers from the Secretary of the State.
- Zoning approval of the location (location must be at least 200 sq ft and the zoning report must indicate that location is suitable to be used for a driving school)
- A class curriculum consisting of thirty (30) hours of classroom and (8) hours of behind-the-wheel-training (drug and alcohol portion of the curriculum must be written by a person with expertise in that field).
- Current Textbooks (enough for the entire class).
- Rate Schedule (R-100 form).
- Classroom Schedule.
- Department of Public Safety Fingerprint Application completed (Green fingerprint card that can be obtained at local police department) for owners, officers and managers of the proposed school.
- Authorization for Release of Information for DPS CPS search (Provided) completed for owners, officers and managers of the proposed school.
Required Fees (after the application has been approved)
- $700 (for two-year Commercial Driving School License)
- $176 (for each additional branch)
Content Last Modified on 11/13/2015 11:01:45 AM