Veteran's Status on Driver's License/Non-Driver ID Card
Military veterans must first apply to the state Department of Veterans' Affairs at least 30 days before
visiting a DMV office, AAA location or West Haven City Hall. Military veterans who apply and have status verified can receive a driver's license or non-driver ID card with an American Flag symbol to indicate status.
You will not receive a permanent driver license or ID card while at a DMV office, AAA location or West Haven City Hall. It will arrive through the mail. You will keep your expiring license/ID and receive a temporary paper card. For more on this, please see Central Issuance
CURRENT DRIVER'S LICENSE AND NON-DRIVER ID CARD HOLDERS: A $30 fee will be charged to have the flag symbol added prior to receiving a renewal notice from DMV.
There will be no additional cost to add American Flag symbol for customers renewing a license or ID card. There is a $30 Duplicate fee to add the Veteran's Flag unless it is done as part of a renewal.
What to bring:
- Your current driver's license or ID card (if applicable).
- Any additional documentation for renewing or applying for a driver's license or non-driver ID card.
What it will cost:
- No additional cost to add American Flag for customers renewing a license or ID card.
- A $30 fee will be charged to have the flag symbol added prior to receiving a renewal notice from DMV.
- Renewal fees and first-time issued license/ID fees will apply. See acceptable forms of payment.
- $5.00 convenience fee when visiting a AAA location or West Haven City Hall. Fee must be paid by cash or check.
Content Last Modified on 3/26/2018 3:35:06 PM