Veteran's Status on Driver's License/Non-Driver ID Card
Holiday Closing: On Friday, February 15, DMV offices will be close at 12:30 p.m. for the President Washington's Birthday holiday. Offices will remain closed on Saturday, February 16 and reopen on Tuesday, February 19, at 7:45 a.m.
You will not receive a permanent driver license or ID card while at a DMV office, AAA location, Milford Nutmeg State Financial Credit Union or West Haven City Hall. It will arrive through the mail. You will keep your expiring license/ID and receive a temporary paper card. For more on this, please see Central Issuance
CURRENT DRIVER'S LICENSE AND NON-DRIVER ID CARD HOLDERS: A $30 fee will be charged to have the flag symbol added prior to receiving a renewal notice from DMV.
There will be no additional cost to add American Flag symbol for customers renewing a license or ID card. There is a $30 Duplicate fee to add the Veteran's Flag unless it is done as part of a renewal.
What to bring:
- Your current driver's license or ID card (if applicable).
- Any additional documentation for renewing or applying for a driver's license or non-driver ID card.
What it will cost:
- No additional cost to add American Flag for customers renewing a license or ID card.
- A $30 fee will be charged to have the flag symbol added prior to receiving a renewal notice from DMV.
- Renewal fees and first-time issued license/ID fees will apply. See acceptable forms of payment.
- AAA locations, Milford and North Haven Nutmeg State Financial Credit Union, Stamford (The WorkPlace, Inc.) and West Haven City Hall may charge a convenience fee up to $8.00 per DMV transaction. Fee must be paid by cash or check at AAA locations and West Haven, while Milford Nutmeg State Financial Credit Union requires the fee to be paid by cash or card only.
Content Last Modified on 1/11/2019 12:42:01 PM