DMV Easy Answers for
Replacing Your Driver's License, Learner's Permit
or Non-Driver ID
You will not receive a permanent driver license or ID card while at a DMV offices, AAA locations, Milford Nutmeg State Financial Credit Union, Stamford (The WorkPlace, Inc.) or West Haven City Hall. It will arrive through the mail. You will keep your expiring license/ID and receive a temporary paper card. For more on this, please see Central Issuance
. After visiting an office, you can track the delivery of your new card
Please follow the steps below to replace a driver's license, learner's permit, motorcycle learner's permit, Commercial Driver's License (CDL), or non-driver photo ID.
What to do:
What to bring:
What it will cost:
- $30 to replace a driver's license, Commercial Driver's License (CDL), or non-driver photo ID.
- $19 to replace a learner's permit.
- $16 to replace a motorcycle learner's permit.
- $8 convenience fee for DMV transactions processed at AAA offices, Milford Nutmeg Financial Credit Union, Stamford (The WorkPlace, Inc.) and West Haven City Hall.
- $10 to replace a Commercial Driver Instruction Permit (CDIP).
Content Last Modified on 12/7/2018 12:25:53 PM