DMV Easy Answers for
Replacing Your Driver's License, Learner's Permit
or Non-Driver ID
You will not receive a permanent driver license or ID card while at a DMV offices, AAA locations or West Haven City Hall. It will arrive through the mail. You will keep your expiring license/ID and receive a temporary paper card. For more on this, please see Central Issuance
. After visiting an office, you can track the delivery of your new card
Please follow the steps below to replace a driver's license, learner's permit, motorcycle learner's permit, Commercial Driver's License (CDL), or non-driver photo ID.
What to do:
What to bring:
What it will cost:
- $30 to replace a driver's license, Commercial Driver's License (CDL), or non-driver photo ID.
- $19 to replace a learner's permit.
- $16 to replace a motorcycle learner's permit.
- $8 convenience fee for DMV transactions processed at AAA offices, Milford Nutmeg Financial Credit Union and West Haven City Hall.
- $10 to replace a Commercial Driver Instruction Permit (CDIP).
Content Last Modified on 9/13/2018 12:21:20 PM