DMV: CDL - Vehicles Exempt

Vehicles Exempt from CDL

Below listed are those vehicles that are exempt from the requirements of a Commercial Driver's License:
  • Vehicles used for farming purposes (within 150 miles of the farm ).
  • Fire fighting apparatus.
  • Authorized emergency vehicles.
  • Recreational vehicles.
  • Military vehicles operated by military personnel.

Q Endorsement for Fire Fighting Apparatus:

Fire departments can request that their drivers be tested in a fire apparatus vehicle and have a Q endorsement added to their operator license.  There is no charge for testing in a fire apparatus vehicle.

The Fire Chief should call 860-263-5299 to make arrangements for testing. 

Content Last Modified on 6/18/2013 3:50:41 PM