The Department of Motor Vehicles receives many e-mail messages from customers every day. Each one is important to us and we want to provide you with the most accurate information.
Often, though, customers do not initially give us enough information for us to resolve the issue or research the facts involved. The following approach aims to help get timely information to you.
We find that customers most often have questions relative to the subject areas listed below.
Please review the categories and select the subject area that most closely matches the area in which you have a problem, concern or suggestion.
Note: Due to the large volume of e-mail that DMV receives each day, we attempt to answer your question within seven business days. However, if you do not provide the information requested, we will not be able to respond to your e-mail.
Sending an E-Mail Request
- Click on the link for the subject area to obtain the e-mail form.
- Include the required information requested (i.e. name, driver's license number, make of vehicle, etc.)
- Clearly state what has transpired and the circumstances that has lead to this e-mail.
- In the subject line of your e-mail be sure to list the subject area.
- Contact the executive offices of the Commissioner.
- If you have concerns or suggestions regarding teen driving please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. The DMV would like to hear from you.
- Send us your ideas for improving the Web site.
Note: Should your problem not fit into any of these categories or if you need to use another e-mail program to write to us, our e-mail address is: email@example.com.
- Driver's Licenses - Name, address, driver's license number and phone number.
- Vehicle Registrations - Name, address, phone number and license plate number/letters.
- Title - Name, address, phone number, make of vehicle, model, year, vehicle identification number (VIN). If registered in the last sixty days, we need the validation date and all numbers that follow - found in the upper right-hand corner of the yellow registration.
- License suspensions - Full name (first and last name), address and date of birth for information on a license suspension.
- Commercial Driver's License - Name, address, driver's license number and phone number.
- Commercial Vehicle Safety - Name, address, phone number and license plate number/letters.
- Dealers and Repairers - Name, address, phone number and license plate number/letters.
- International Registration Plan and Unified Carrier Registration - (pertains only to commercial vehicles) - Name, address, phone number and license plate number/letters.
- Administrative Per Se Hearing Request - Full name, DMV reference number, and a phone number to contact you.
- All Other Questions - Name, address and phone number and any other information you consider useful for us to help you.
- Forms - Most DMV forms are available to be downloaded online.
Content Last Modified on 9/13/2017 11:03:33 AM