Welcome to the Emissions Late Fee
Online Inquiry and Payment System
PLEASE READ ALL THE INFORMATION BELOW BEFORE MAKING YOUR ONLINE PAYMENT
Failure to pay your emission late fee(s) may affect your ability to renew or register the vehicle that is late. Under Connecticut law, the emissions late fee is assessed against the vehicle owner.
- This online system allows you to make Emissions late fee payments only. You may have more than one late fee or could have multiple vehicles with late fees due.
- If you need further information, please contact the Emissions Division, at 860-263-5333 or 860-263-5611, Monday through Saturday (the division hours are Monday through Friday 8 – 5 and Saturdays from 8 to 1). Please have available your late fee bill and reference number in the bill for quicker service.
- Emissions late fees are $20 each and you must pay with your credit card. We accept Discover, MasterCard, or Visa.
- Name of the individual who owes the fee(s) – you will need to provide the exact name as it appears on the bill.
- The CT plate number or reference number as it appears on the bill.
- Current return mailing address. If your address has changed, and you have not reported it to DMV, please follow these instructions.
- A valid e-mail address.
- Billing information for the credit card used to make the payment.
- After completing your payment, be sure to print and keep a copy of your receipt for your records. A payment confirmation will also be sent by e-mail. Please remember, this is only a payment receipt.
- Per Connecticut General Statute 14-50(f), whenever a payment of any fee to the DMV by means of a credit or debit card is rejected or dishonored, the DMV shall charge a fee of $35 for a payment amount of not more than $200, and a fee of 15% of any payment in excess of $200, plus all protest fees or charges to cover the cost of the collection.
Content Last Modified on 5/25/2018 8:04:29 AM