Obtaining Wrecker Plates
Holiday Schedule: On Friday, Sept. 2, DMV offices will close at 12:30 p.m. in recognition of the Labor Day holiday. Offices will reopen on Tuesday, Sept. 6, at 7:45 a.m. More information.
Note: Wrecker inspections must be performed by the DMV's Commercial Vehicle Safety Division (860-263-5446) prior to the issuance of wrecker plates.
After the wrecker has passed the inspection, you will need the following documentation for registration:
- Completed Application for Registration and Certificate of Title (Form H-13). Download the form, fill out online, and print to bring with you.
- Proof of ownership (title or certificate of origin)
- A Bill of Sale or invoice
- Passed wrecker inspection report (form R-294)
- A copy of the dealer/repairer license
- A copy of the towing and storage rates obtained from:
Dealers and Repairers Division
60 State Street
Wethersfield, CT 06161
Hours of Operation: Tuesday - Friday - 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Phone - 860-263-5056
What it will cost:
- A two-year registration fee is $125 plus additional fees for taxes and title.
Content Last Modified on 7/29/2015 11:16:58 AM