Applying for Insurance Compliance Refund
Any customer who had continuous insurance coverage on their vehicle and incurred incorrect fines or fees may be entitled to a refund, if you experienced both of these situations:
- The fee or fine was incurred from August 18, 2015 to January 9, 2016; and
- The fee or fine was the result of DMV error.
The fees and fines eligible for refund are:
- DMV-imposed $200.00 insurance compliance fine.
- Infraction ticket and/or towing-related fees.
How to apply for a refund:
- In the section “Reason for Refund,” check “Other”. State “Insurance Fine Refund” on the form.
- Include your daytime phone number on the form.
2) Provide documentation that you had continuous coverage on your vehicle.
- What to provide: 1) a letter from your insurance company on its letterhead showing coverage, including coverage for the reported cancellation period, or 2) your new insurance company’s declaration page or permanent insurance card, showing coverage for the reported cancellation period.
- In both cases the named insured on the insurance policy and the registration must be the same.
3) If you received an infraction ticket and/or towing-related fees, please provide copies of all receipts for towing or tickets fees paid.
4) Send completed refund form and all other related paperwork to e-mail or regular mail address below:
Department of Motor Vehicles
60 State Street
Wethersfield, CT 06161
Attn: Insurance refund
- Your refund will be processed within 6 to 8 weeks.
How to check the status your Insurance Compliance case:
For more information related to this specific refund, please e-mail DMV at firstname.lastname@example.org
Content Last Modified on 1/7/2016 4:13:57 PM