DMV: Obtaining Transporter Plates

Obtaining Transporter Plates

A transporter plate is issued for commercial/business only.  The Department will only issue a transporter registration for vehicles in which no specific registration classification is assigned and may only be used to transport vehicles from one location to another.

The transporter application (form E-211) and Application for Registration and Certificate of Title(form H-13) must be completed along with a completed Business License Personnel List (K26), Trade Name Certificate obtained from the Town Clerks office is applicable,Certificate of Existence from the Secretary of State's Office, A completed Agent for Service Form, A clear copy of all owner's Drivers License(s), A Connecticut Sales Tax Permit from Department of Revenue Service, and once approved you must files an insurance certificate (R1325D),the insurance certificate must be obtained from your insurance company and must be filed with the Dealers and Repairers office in Wethersfield prior to obtaining your Transporter Plate.  The transporter application may be obtained from DMV 60 State St Wethersfield, CT 06109 or mailed to you.

Transporter plates are only issued to businesses that are located in the State of Connecticut for the movement of specific vehicles. They must not be used for commercial purposes or for the carrying of passengers.

If you have any questions, regarding the issuance of transporter plates, please contact:

Department of Motor Vehicles
Regulated Business Licensing Unit

Phone:  860-263-5056

Content Last Modified on 6/30/2011 9:21:38 AM