despp: Explosives - Licensing and Permits
Fire and Explosion Investigation Unit

Explosives - Licensing and Permits

Any transaction involving explosives either for demolition, storage, transporting and registering vehicles for transporting explosives are pursuant to regulations concerning Chapter 541 Section 29-343  through 29-355 of the Connecticut General Statutes.

State License for Operation of a vehicle transporting explosives requires a reference from your employer, two (2) photographs (1 1/2" X 1 1/2") taken within the past three months and two (2) forms of identification, a letter from the Chief of Police, in the event that your town does not have a Chief of Police a reference letter of reference regarding character is required.

Licenses and Permits for these types of transactions are as set below:

If the form you need is either not listed or unable to be downloaded from the site, please contact us and we will mail you the form.  If you want to access a form that can be downloaded, you must use the software Adobe Acrobat Reader to view and print them.  To get a free copy of the software, click "Get Acrobat".
DPS-Stuex Explosives Blasters License - NEW
Please call for information Duplicate Blasters License
SP-913-c Application for State License for Operation of Vehicle Transporting Explosives
DPS-1003-c Explosives Transport Vehicle
  Local Storage Magazine
(Storage Container) No Fee is charged, this Agency inspects the container to insure safety regulations are upheld.

For additional information contact:

Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection
Connecticut State Police
Special Licensing and Firearms Unit
1111 Country Club Road
Middletown, CT 06457

Telephone (860) 685-8000

Content Last Modified on 10/5/2016 3:42:20 PM