Download the eForms Software and Registration/
No Exposure Certification eForms
(Discharge of Stormwater Associated with
In an effort to expedite and improve the permitting process, DEP is piloting an electronic registration process for the stormwater general permits, beginning with the General Permit for the Discharge of Stormwater Associated with Industrial Activity, issued August 23, 2010, effective October 1, 2011. The following steps guide you through the registration process.
Download the e-form software to your computer following the steps below. If you are a Mac user and are unable to download the software, please contact DEP at DEP.StormwaterStaff@ct.gov
Run the installer (or save it to your local machine and run it later). In the File Download dialog box:
- Select Run. If you see a message that the publisher could not be verified, also select Run. The installer launches.
In the Welcome dialog box, select Next.
Read the license agreement, select "I accept the terms of the license agreement," and then select Next. If you do not accept the license agreement, you cannot continue with the install.
Enter your company information, if desired, and select Next .
From the Setup Type screen, select the Complete option and then Next.
Select Install to run the installer.
- Select Finish when the installer completes.
- Download the e-Registration Form template or Download the e-No Exposure Certification template and Fill in the e-form :
- From the File Download window, select Open. Select Continue when you see In an attempt to check for a new revision, Desktop eForms was unable to access the required distributed template
- With the template open, you will be able to begin filling the e-form.
- Note you will be able to save the e-form in a draft version by following MS Windows protocol (Select Save As, Enter File Name, Keep *.ifm as file type, Select Save).
- To open a saved version of your e-form, from the Start menu on the lower left-hand corner of your screen, select Programs, select IBM FileNet from the menu, select eForms and then Desktop eForms. Then, from the File menu on the top left-hand corner of your screen, select Open. Navigate to your saved file and select Open.
- To view the form in a larger version, select the "View' tab on the menu bar located at the top left portion of your screen and choose "Enlarged Size".
|Note: As you are filling the form, disregard error messages stating you must select a yes or no while you are in the process of selecting a box |
Complete the e-form, print it, sign the Registrant Certification page, attach all documents listed in the Supporting Documents page, and submit it to:
Department of Environmental Protection
79 Elm Street
Hartford, CT 06106-5127
Attn: Central Permits Processing Unit
Note: Submission of a Permit Transmittal Form is not required.
Confirm permit coverage by:
Content Last Updated June 15, 2011.