DEEP: Dinosaur State Park Frequently Asked Questions

Dinosaur State Park
Frequently Asked Questions

How do I get a Charter Oak Pass?

You must be 65 years old and a Connecticut resident. You must present a valid driver’s license or photo I.D. at one of the park locations listed on our website or by mailing a copy of your driver's license to: DEEP State Parks Division, 79 Elm Street, Hartford, CT 06106. For more information on how to obtain a Charter Oak Pass, and to view a list of the park locations that issue passes, please visit our Park Passes web page.

Do you have birthday parties at the Park?

No. There is no food or drink allowed in the Exhibit Center. Visitors can use the picnic area for their parties and then bring the children into the building. Regular admission is charged.

Can you buy tickets in advance?

No. We must account for our admissions on a daily basis. Tickets cannot be purchased in advance.

Do you give donations of tickets or other items?

No. We are a state park and we are not allowed to give donations.

Do you have programs for Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts?

We offer a Webelos program in the fall and spring. Others may have a program during the weekdays at the regular school group times. Please call the Park at (860) 529-8423 for information on these programs.

Are there any discounts for admission?

There are no military, Triple A or Big Y discounts.

Are you open year round?

The Museum is open year round Tuesday – Sunday from 9:00 am to 4:30 pm. The hiking trails are also open Tuesday – Sunday but close at 4 pm.  The Park is closed every Monday, New Year’s Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Where can I see the tracks?

The tracks are inside the Exhibit Center. There are no tracks on the trails.

Is there a playground area at the Park?

No. There is no playground equipment on the grounds.

Is there a place to buy food at the Park?

No. There are many restaurants in the area. A list of them is available in the exhibit center.

Content Last Updated January 2019