Hunting & Trapping Applications and Forms
Small Game/Deer Archery Permits, Deer and Turkey Firearms Permits and Licenses can be purchased directly over the internet by going to Connecticut's Online Sportsmen Licensing System
- All hunters are required to have landowner permission when hunting on private land.
- Private land deer and turkey hunters must carry this private land consent form, signed and dated for the current season. This is required for both archery and firearms hunters.
- You may have a landowner sign a dated consent form before you purchase your license and permits, but you must purchase all required licenses and permits before you hunt.
- Landowners who allow, without fee, the recreational use of their property are protected from liability by Connecticut law (C.G.S. 52-557g).
- Properties must be at least 10 acres in size for rifle or revolver use to be authorized.
- Landowners must designate calendar year, seasons, and choice of hunting implements.
- Where baiting of deer is permitted, it is strongly recommended that individuals consult with landowners prior to placing bait.
- Photocopies of this form may be used, but to be valid, must have original signatures and dates.
|2015 Deer/Turkey Harvest Tags (PDF) 2015 Harvest Tags and instructions for tagging and reporting deer and turkeys.|
|Junior Hunter Season Pass for Permit-Required Hunting Areas (PDF) This permit allows licensed junior hunters and accompanying adult licensed hunters to hunt small game on certain Permit-Required Hunting Areas without having to obtain the normal daily permits required of other hunters on these areas.|
|Application for Deer Crop Damage Permits (Word Form / PDF): For commercial agriculturalists to obtain crop damage permits for reducing damage caused by deer when the firearms deer hunting seasons are closed.|
|Permit Application for State Land Trapping (Word Form / PDF): Application for trappers to obtain a trapping permit on selected state-owned land.|
|Other Wildlife and Hunting Related Forms|
Links to all DEEP Licenses and Permits
Content last updated on November 19, 2015.