Hunting and Trapping Applications and Forms
Small Game/Deer Archery Permits, Deer Firearms Permits, Bird Hunting Stamps, and Licenses can be purchased directly over the internet by going to Connecticut's Online Sportsmen Licensing System
- All hunters are required to have landowner permission when hunting on private land.
- Private land deer and turkey hunters must carry this private land consent form, signed and dated for the current season. This is required for both archery and firearms hunters.
- You may have a landowner sign a dated consent form before you purchase your license and permits, but you must purchase all required licenses and permits before you hunt.
- Landowners who allow, without fee, the recreational use of their property are protected from liability by Connecticut law (C.G.S. 52-557g).
- Properties must be at least 10 acres in size for rifle or revolver use to be authorized.
- Landowners must designate calendar year, seasons, and choice of hunting implements.
- Where baiting of deer is permitted, it is strongly recommended that individuals consult with landowners prior to placing bait.
- Photocopies of this form may be used, but to be valid, must have original signatures and dates.
- must obtain, and have in possession, the written permission of the landowner when trapping on their land. WRITTEN PERMISSION MUST BE RENEWED ANNUALLY. NEW!
Trappers have the option to use an official DEEP form (PDF)
to obtain written permission.
|2018 Deer/Turkey Harvest Tags (PDF) 2018 Harvest Tags and instructions for tagging and reporting deer and turkeys. |
|2019 Deer/Turkey Harvest Tags (PDF) 2019 Harvest Tags and instructions for tagging and reporting deer and turkeys. |
|Application for Deer Crop Damage Permits
): For commercial agriculturalists to obtain crop damage permits for reducing damage caused by deer when the firearms deer hunting seasons are closed.
Crop Damage Harvest Tags (PDF) Harvest Tags and instructions for tagging and reporting deer harvested with crop damage permits.
|Permit Application for State Land Trapping (Word Form / PDF): Application for trappers to obtain a trapping permit on selected state-owned land.|
|Other Wildlife and Hunting Related Forms|
Links to all DEEP Licenses and Permits
Content last updated on November 30, 2018.