Seasonal Resource Assistant
Description: The Department of Energy and Environmental Protection, Office of Information Management, is currently seeking to fill a 6-month, temporary position to work with the departmentís GIS program. The work location is Hartford.
Duties (will include):
- Organizing and documenting a collection of environmental and natural resource information for Connecticut and Long Island Sound
- Providing technical assistance with ArcMap, ArcCatalog and ArcGIS Online to GIS users
- Designing and preparing of web maps
- Designing and preparing maps formatted for printing distributed digitally
- Creating new or updating existing metadata
- Reviewing tabular and spatial data for accuracy, consistency and completeness
Qualifications: Applicants will need a working knowledge of ESRI ArcMap and ArcCatalog software. The following experience/skills would be a plus: ArcGIS Online, ESRI Model Builder, programming in Python, digitizing, cartography, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel. A degree in geography, GIS, or closely related field desired.
Pay Rate: Pay rate varies from $11 to $14 per hour depending on skill level. There are no benefits. There are paid holidays after 90 calendar days.
Hours per Week: This is a fulltime position, typically 40 hours per week (plus lunch), Monday through Friday within normal business hours. Some scheduling flexibility is possible.
Anticipated Length of Position: This is a temporary position, lasting approximately six months. A seasonal resource assistant may work a maximum of 1040 hours. The anticipated start date would be approximately June 1, 2014 (and last through at least December 1, 2014).
To Apply: Submit a seasonal employment application, letter of interest, and resume, to:
Bureau of Central Services, Office of Information Management
79 Elm Street, 6th floor
Hartford, CT 06106
firstname.lastname@example.org (email submittals preferred)
Application Deadline: 05/15/14