April 8, 2013
A Fisheries Guide to Lakes and Ponds of Connecticut
Prepare for Opening Day with this invaluable resource!
Back by popular demand is A Fisheries Guide to Lakes and Ponds of Connecticut, one of the most requested book titles in the history of Connecticut’s Department of Energy and Environmental Protection (DEEP). This 354-page book contains full page color depth maps of popular fishing water bodies, including 113 of Connecticut’s major public lakes and ponds and the Connecticut River mainstem and adjoining coves.
Anglers will find valuable information for improving their fishing success and finding new angling opportunities to explore. In addition, boaters, educators, lake shore residents, lake associations, consultants, and anyone interested in the nature or ecology of freshwater lakes and ponds will find this to be a useful resource.
A Fisheries Guide to Lakes and Ponds of Connecticut is now available from the DEEP Store in paperback only for $24.95, and can be purchased online, over the phone or in person.
Format of A Fisheries Guide to Lakes and Ponds of Connecticut
- Easy to read and non-technical.
- Includes depth contour maps, maximum and minimum water depths, water clarity, thermal stratification, lake productivity, aquatic vegetation, and information on fish populations and their habitats.
- 20 pages of excellent color plates depicting and describing the natural history of 25 fish common to Connecticut’s waters.
What You Will Find in the Book
- Anglers will be particularly interested in the information on fishing quality and where to catch the big ones.
- Information on inflowing stream locations, neighboring roads, water surface area size, directions and launch ramp conditions, useful for boaters and anglers alike.
A Fisheries Guide to Lakes and Ponds of Connecticut will add to your appreciation and enjoyment of Connecticut’s lakes and ponds and provide a greater understanding of our fish populations and the environment on which they depend for survival.