Recreational Trail Use Information
State park and forest recreation areas operation hours - daily between sunrise and sunset.
What you can and cannot do on the trails:
If you see an illegal activities please call the State Environmental Conservation Police (EnCon) at: 860-424-3333.
Essential for Safe Trail Use:
- Always let others know where you are and when you expect to return.
- Be aware where hunting is allowed and if hunting season is open. Wear bright orange for extra protection.
- Remain on trails that are blazed.
- Cyclists and motorized users yield to pedestrians and equestrians. Pedestrians yield to equestrians.
- Park in designated areas only.
- Keep your dogs on a leash.
- Respect private property - when you are leaving State Land you may no longer have permission to recreate.
- Plan your route! View a trail map in advance (Maps may also be found at trail heads).
- Stay clear of active forest management. Roads and trails may be temporarily closed to accommodate tree thinning activities.