Forest Practices Act Temporary Task Force
The Forest Practices Act Temporary Task Force was convened to make recommendations regarding the adoption of regulations in accordance with Section 23-65j(a) of the Connecticut General Statutes (CGS).
On May 26, 2010, the Forest Practice Advisory Board developed a final list of stakeholder groups. The Forest Practices Act Temporary Task Force members include the following:
- Municipal wetlands agent from one of 20 towns identified in 23-65k Municipal regulation of forest practices. These towns retain the authority to govern forest practices.
- Representative from forest products industry (sawmill).
- Private consulting forester who is also a member of the Society of American Foresters (SAF).
- Independent timber harvester (logger) who is also a member of the Connecticut Professional Timber Producers (TIMPRO). TIMPRO is a 501 c (6) non-profit trade organization representing the forest products industry in Connecticut.
- Private Connecticut forest landowner who is also a member of Eastern Connecticut Forest Landowners Association (ECFLA).
- Member of the Connecticut Tree Farm chapter.
- Member of Connecticut Council on Environmental Quality (CEQ).
- Member of the Board of Directors for the Connecticut Forest and Park Association.
- Water quality specialist from large land owning Connecticut water utility.
- Member of the Forest Practice Advisory Board.
- An academic with expertise in Biology/Ecology.
- A DEEP Forestry Field Staff.
Content last updated November 19, 2010