Verify a License, Permit or Registration
Select "Verify a License" on the Department of Consumer Protection's website, or enter the URL https://www.elicense.ct.gov into your web browser.
On the eLicensing Website screen, double-click on “Lookup a License” on left side of page.
A search screen will display. You can search using various information that you have. Use only 1 or 2 pieces of information to get the best search results. You can add more information if needed, to narrow your search. Search options include:
1. License type: Scroll down to choose the license type, if you know it
2. License Number: Scroll and enter the person's license number if you have it from a business card, an ad, or a contract
3. Business Name: You can search by the business name
4. Person's Name: You can enter last name and first name
5. City, State, Zip: These may help narrow a search
Using options 1 and 4 above, a search for a Home Improvement Salesperson with
Jones as a last name found 3 pages of results.
This screen provides verification of the license, permit or registration in the "Credential Status" column. Remember, you want to work only with persons who have an ACTIVE or APPROVED status!
You can select the "Detail" link on the left of any name to see more information.
After you select "Detail," you will get a screen with this information.
If there are closed complaints, some information will be provided, along with a phone number you may call for more details.
Content Last Modified on 9/4/2012 3:30:01 PM