- Connecticut Economic Resource Center The Connecticut Economic Resource Center Inc. (CERC) is a nonprofit corporation and public-private partnership that provides objective research, marketing and economic development resources consistent with its mission of making Connecticut a more competitive business environment
- CERC ProgramFinder® The CERC ProgramFinder is a comprehensive Connecticut database of business programs and services. It contains informatin from both public and private sectors, as well as from federal, state and local levels.
- You may contact the Connecticut Business Response Center with questions: 1-800-392-2122
Corporations, Limited Liability Companies, Limited Liability Partnerships and Limited Partnerships must register their business name with:
Secretary of State
30 Trinity Street
Hartford, CT 06106
Phone: (860) 509-6200
Sole proprietors and general partners must register with each city or town in which the business is based.
The types of business ownership in Connecticut are:
- Sole proprietor
- General partnership
- Limited liability company
- Limited liability partnership
- Limited partnerships
Each business ownership type has legal and tax advantages and disadvantages. Contact the Connecticut Business Response Center for further assistance at 1-800-392-2122.
- Business Registration and Permits
For information regarding requirements:
Elizabeth Wallace, Director
Smart Start (c/o Connecticut Economic Resource Center)
805 Brook Street, Bldg.4
Rocky Hill, CT 06067
Content Last Modified on 6/8/2012 10:24:55 AM