- Connecticut Economic Resource Center (CERC) is a nonprofit corporation and public-private partnership that provides economic development services, leveraging Connecticut’s unique advantages as a premier business location.
- Businesses looking to start, expand or relocate can access assistance to identify Connecticut’s business programs and services and information on how to register and license a business. Business resource information is also available by exploring the Resource Wizard.
- You may contact the CERC with questions: 1-800-392-2122. Visit: www.cerc.com
Corporations, Limited Liability Companies, Limited Liability Partnerships and Limited Partnerships must register their business name with:
Secretary of State
30 Trinity Street
Hartford, CT 06106
Phone: (860) 509-6200
Sole proprietors and general partners must register with each city or town in which the business is based.
The types of business ownership in Connecticut are:
- Sole proprietor
- General partnership
- Limited liability company
- Limited liability partnership
- Limited partnerships
Each business ownership type has legal and tax advantages and disadvantages. Contact the Connecticut Economic Resource Center for further assistance at 1-800-392-2122.
- Business Registration and Permits
Content Last Modified on 11/18/2016 10:23:27 AM