Hypnotist Registration Information
Persons who practice hypnosis must obtain a registration from the Department of Consumer Protection before engaging in business in Connecticut.
- “Hypnotist” means any person who performs hypnosis, but does not include those individuals
licensed by this State to perform medical, dental, nursing, counseling or other health care,
substance abuse or mental health services.
- “Hypnosis” means an artificially induced altered state of consciousness, characterized by
heightened suggestibility and receptivity to direction.
- A check or money order in the amount of $100.00 made payable to “Treasurer, State of
Connecticut” must accompany the application. Application fees are non-refundable. Once
approved, Hypnotist registrations are non-transferable or assignable. All registrations expire
annually on October 31st.
- This registration does not include those individuals licensed by this State to perform medical,
dental, nursing, counseling or other health care, substance abuse or mental health services.
- Any change of a registered hypnotist’s name, residence address, business address or status as a registered sexual offender (pursuant to Chapter 369 of the Connecticut General Statutes, or an equivalent statute in another jurisdiction) must be reported in writing to the Department of
Consumer Protection within thirty (30) days of said change.
Content Last Modified on 8/23/2016 12:13:15 PM