The 2013 Annual Conference "Teaching Reading IS Rocket Science"
DATE: Friday, April 26, 2013
TIME: 8:30 am- 3:30 pm
Don't miss this important, implementation-oriented educational conference highlighting the most effective, innovative, research-based practices. Keynote Dr. Louisa Moats will kick off the event with a presentation based on her renown article, "Teaching Reading is Rocket Science."
Breakout sessions, presented by experts in literacy and language, span a wide array of cutting-edge topics, including:
- The unique issues involved in effectively teaching older students reading, writing, and spelling skills
- The brain and language basis of literacy Using music, technology, and other tools to promote student success
- When to (and not to) use a reading program, including program/technology demonstrations
- Supporting dyslexic students in other subject areas
- Using assessment to inform instruction
Your day will be filled with valuable opportunities to learn and interact with other educational professionals on topics that are of critical importance to the educational achievement of your schools, students, and staff.
Coffee Service, Lunch, Afternoon Break Included
Location: Southern Connecticut State University, SCSU, The Connecticut Branch of the International Dyslexia Association, 345 Fitch Street, New Haven, CT 06515
This event is 32 miles from you (06106).
8:30 AM - 3:30 PM