A 'HEALTHY NONPROFIT CHAT"
AN OVERVIEW OF THE PATIENT PROTECTION AND AFFORDABLE CARE ACT: HOW IT WILL IMPACT THE BUSINESS OPERATIONS OF YOUR NONPROFIT AGENCY
The Governor’s Nonprofit Liaison and Access Health CT cordially invite you to attend a free training session. Join us to learn how the Patient Protection and Affordable Care act will affect small, medium, and large nonprofit agencies.
DATES: This presentation will be held on the following two dates. Please register to attend. Space is limited.
- Victoria Veltri, JD, LLM, Connecticut Healthcare Advocate in the Office of the Healthcare Advocate
- Phil Boyle, Business to Business Outreach Manager, Access Health CT (Connecticut’s Health Insurance Exchange)
TARGET AUDIENCE: This session is targeted toward all nonprofit organizations including those that hold Purchase of Service contracts with the state, healthcare, human services, arts, environmental, educational and other nonprofit provider organizations.
The session is also targeted toward state agency leadership and contract managers.
We encourage you to bring teams from your organizations:
- CEOs, CFOs, HR directors, board members of nonprofit organizations
- Small nonprofit agencies with under 50 employees
- Organizations with over 50 employees
- Commissioners, deputies, senior staff, contract managers of state agencies with POS contracts
- Trade associations representing nonprofit providers
DESCRIPTION: The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) is a U.S. federal statute signed into law by President Obama on March 23, 2010. Together with the Health Care Education Reconciliation Act, it represents the most significant regulatory overhaul of the U.S. healthcare system since the passage of Medicare and Medicaid in 1965.
The following topics will be presented at the seminar:
- Basic introduction to the PPACA
- Basic Intro to Office of the Healthcare Advocate
- An Update on the Connecticut Health Insurance Exchange
- Effect of PPACA on Nonprofit Agencies –Small/Medium/Large
- Discussion of “Pay or Play” Guidelines for Agencies with more than 50 Full Time Employees
- Update on Federal Subsidies
- Impact on OPM Purchase of Service Cost Standards
- Roles of navigators and personal assisters and the “no wrong door” approach
- Question and Answer Session
LOCATION: All meetings will be held in room 2C of the Legislative Office Building. There is free parking in the LOB garage.
Location: State Capitol - Legislative Office Building, 210 Capitol Avenue, Hartford, CT 06106
This event is 0 miles from you (06106).
9 AM - 11 AM