Adolescent Development/Human Sexuality Training of the Trainer
* * * NOTE: THIS IS A 3-DAY TRAINING * * *
TRAINER: Erin Livensparger
DATES: 3/26/14, 3/27/14, 3/28/14
TIME: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
LENGTH OF TRAINING: 3 days
AUDIENCE: DCF Workforce Academy trainers, ARG nurses, FASU staff, SWEPT, TLAP, maternity home staff, CAFAP staff
DESCRIPTION: Participants will be trained to teach the Adolescent Development/Human Sexuality component for the DCF Workforce Academy and also to train their colleagues. This training is designed to increase participantsí knowledge surrounding the components of human sexuality. Participants will be asked to explore their beliefs and values around human sexuality and how those beliefs impact their work. Participants will learn the variety of influences that shape sexual identity, as well as ways to increase their comfort discussing issues related to human sexuality with their clients.
Included in the training are the following topics:
- New strategies and activities for relaying information about both abstinence and contraceptive/protection methods and STIís.
- Discussion of the prevalence of sexual activity among adolescents
- The risks factors associated with teen pregnancy and parenting for the adolescent and the child
- Contraception and protection methods, including effectiveness, proper use, and the pros and cons of each method
- Sexually transmitted infections, including transmission, treatment and prevention
- Teach back opportunity in a safe learning environment to build skills as a sexual health trainer/facilitato
The training curriculum was designed by Erin Livensparger, Regional Director, Education & Training and Planned Parenthood of Southern New England, 2011.
LOCATION: Planned Parenthood of Southern New England, New Haven Administrative Offices, 345 Whitney Ave. New Haven, CT 06511
Please consider car-pooling as parking is limited.
Location: 345 Whitney Ave. New Haven, CT 065111
This event is 32 miles from you (06106).
9 AM - 4 PM