PARTNERS IN CHANGE
PRESENTERS: Lesley Gertner/Timothy Monahan
DATE OF TRAINING: March 28, 2013
LENGTH OF TRAINING: 8 hours
TIME: 9:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m.
AUDIENCE: RRG staff, DCF Office support staff and community providers
COURSE DESCRIPTION: A one day class designed to provide the staff with a new perspective and tools on how to engage and partner with our families. It promotes a Family Centered approach utilizing six principles of partnership as a means of engaging with families. The class gives the participants an opportunity to practice engagement techniques through dialogue, self-reflection, and group exercises.
COURSE OBJECTIVES: Staff will:
- Identify and explain how the six Principles of Partnership and family-centered beliefs will translate into behaviors, actions, and practices.
- Find strengths in the families that we serve.
- Explain how family-centered practice can improve the provision of child protective services.
- Explain the differences between the investigative assessment and family assessment approaches used in the Differential Response System.
SKILLS TO BE LEARNED: Staff will:
- Participate actively in small groups to experience and discuss each of the six Principles of Partnership.
- Engage in group activities that provide insight into the family's perspective.
- Demonstrate the six Principles of Partnership during the training.
LOCATION: C.O.T.A., 505 Hudson Street, Hartford, CT 06106
Directions: CENTRAL OFFICE TRAINING ACADEMY (COTA)
Coming from I-91, follow the rotary to Hudson St., proceeding on Hudson to the second light, which is Buckingham Street. Take a right into the Pro Park lot.
Coming from I-84. Take Capitol Avenue exit. Go left at the light onto Capitol Avenue. Take a right at the light onto Washington St. At first light take a left onto Buckingham St. Take the second left onto Hudson and into Pro Park lot.
Pro-Park Instructions: When attending training at the Hartford Training Academy, you will need to notify the parking attendant at the Pro-Park lot that you are there for training. You may be asked to show them a photo ID. If you received an e-mail confirming your attendance at training, please bring this document with you.
Click here to view parking information and a satelite view of the parking lot!
INCLEMENT WEATHER INSTRUCTIONS
Location: C.O. T.A., 505 Hudson Street, Hartford, CT 06106
This event is 0 miles from you (06106).
9 AM - 4 PM