Towns and Cities
Websites on the Internet
Contacts for Local Government
The following is a list of hyperlinks that direct you to general telephone and E-Mail directories for various local government contacts commonly used within the State of Connecticut.
Local Government information and contacts can be found in an annual publication known as the Connecticut State Register & Manual.
The following is a list of hyperlinks that direct you to maps of the State of Connecticut and its municipalities.
- Both the University of Connecticut, Homer Babbidge Library's Map And Geographic Information Center (MAGIC) and the Connecticut Department of Transportation provide online access to extensive libraries of digital maps. However, the majority of these maps require Geographic Information System applications software to access, view, manipulate and print them.
The Department of Economic and Community Development (DECD) also maintains a Connecticut Map/GIS data page on their web site at http://www.ct.gov/ecd/cwp/view.asp?a=1106&q=251024&ecdNav=|Their maps are available in either image file formats (*.GIF or *.JPG) or download document formats such as PDF (Portable Document Format) and EPS (encapsulated PostScript file).
You may also want to visit or contact the Connecticut Department of Environmental Protection's DEP Store. The store has a variety of maps available for viewing and/or purchase including topographic maps, aerial photos, water quality maps, open space maps, and others. In addition to the above paper maps, the DEP also sells a 7-CD set of environmental GIS data in digital format for $29.95. Included are 49 different types of environmental data that you can view using ArcExplorerTM, a free data viewer also included on the CDs.
The following is a list of hyperlinks that direct you to data and information about Connecticut and its municipalities.
Useful Town-Based Information...
- Local Government information and contacts can be found in an annual publication known as the Connecticut State Register & Manual.
- The Department of Economic and Community Development maintains a web page for Connecticut Town Profiles. Each town profile has sections on demographics, economics, education, local government, housing, labor force, and quality of life, more than 200 statistics in total. Up to five profiles are available at no charge. Please see the web page: http://www.state.ct.us/ecd/research/townprof/index.html
Useful Education/School Based Information...
- The Connecticut State Department of Education at: http://www.state.ct.us/sde/, is a useful starting place for K-12 Education/School Based Information.
- The Connecticut State Department of Education also maintains a web page for accessing Strategic School Profiles, a town-by-town, school-by-school assessment based a standard set of categories: http://www.state.ct.us/sde/ssp.htm.
- For information on Connecticut's Institutions of Higher Education and other post secondary educational opportunities, the Connecticut Department of Higher Education a is a useful starting place: http://ctdhe.commnet.edu/dheweb/toc.htm
For more Data Sources see Other Links section...
The following is a list of hyperlinks that direct you to information regional organizations in the State of Connecticut.
Connecticut Regional Planning Organizations
Connecticut Regional Community and Economic Development Organizations
The following is a list of hyperlinks that direct you to other links available for municipal information, such as federal information sources.
Content Last Modified on 7/29/2010 9:48:43 AM