Bridgeport Danbury Norwalk Enfield New Haven Waterbury Norwich Hartford Putnam/Killingly Willimantic New Britain Windsor Lower Naugatuck Valley
Help Me Grow Mission
The Help Me Grow mission is to ensure the timely identification of young children who are at-risk of developmental and behavioral delays. The timely identification of at-risk children and their linkage to the supports and services they need is, first and foremost, good for Connecticut’s young children and their families; secondly, it’s good for Connecticut’s bottom line. Help Me Grow helps Connecticut do the right thing while doing the fiscally sound thing at the same time. Detailed information on Help Me Grow is available elsewhere on this web site.
Inspired by CT’s First One Thousand Days Initiative http://www.ct.gov/dcf/cwp/view.asp?a=3&Q=503690&PM=1
Help Me Grow has been inspired by Connecticut’s First One Thousand Days Initiative and its clear message about the absolute importance of brain development during the first three years of life to the ultimate successful growth and development of children. Help Me Grow has responded with the development of a new population level outreach strategy to complement its ongoing public awareness and outreach activities.
Help Me Grow Campaign
The Help Me Grow Campaign is a two-year statewide public awareness and outreach campaign that will culminate in the screening of two-year-olds in 13 Connecticut communities in September 2014.
Strategic Goals of the Help Me Grow Campaign
• To support the optimum development of young children in Connecticut.
• To raise awareness re: early brain development and the critical need for universal developmental surveillance and screening in Connecticut.
• To screen two-year-olds in 13 Connecticut communities during September 2014.
The Campaign will:
• utilize the existing infrastructure associated with the Help Me Grow System.
• collaborate with state agency partners committed to children and families with the leadership and support of DSS.
• continue the ongoing collaboration with the United Way of Connecticut 211, the home of Help Me Grow at Child Development Infoline, the specialized call center within 211 that connects families to Birth to Three Services, Early Childhood Special Education, the Children and Youth with Special Health Care Needs Program, and of course, Help Me Grow.
• engage new corporate, community, and philanthropic partners.
• secure the support and participation of local professionals and business leaders and parents in the thirteen participating communities.
The Help Me Grow Campaign will raise public awareness of the urgency of the need for early identification and early intervention through the actual developmental screening of two-year-olds in thirteen Connecticut communities. Screening will take place within a campaign that will include statewide and local promotion activities as well as local events to involve parents, professionals, and community partners. The conclusion of the Campaign will be celebrated in a recognition event for the Help Me Grow state, corporate, community, and philanthropic partners and volunteers.
Questions please contact:
Help Me Grow Campaign Consultant
Phone: 860.424.5687 Email: email@example.com