CTCDD: Policy Meeting 1-10-17

Policy Meeting 1-10-17


Legislative Policy and Planning Committee Meeting

MINUTES

Connecticut Council on Developmental Disabilities Minutes

January 10, 2017

Beth El Temple

2626 Albany Avenue

West Hartford, CT

 

 

Members Present:  Joyce Lewis, Chair; Shelagh McClure, Council Chair; Danielle Webber

 

Absent: Sergio Rodriguez, Vice Chair

 

Staff Present:  Donna Devin

 

1. Approval of Agenda:  The meeting was called to order at 12:25 PM. Joyce Lewis, Chair, moved to approve the agenda for the LPP Committee meeting.  Shelagh McClure, Council Chair; seconded the motion.  The agenda was approved.


2. Approval of Minutes:  The meeting was called to order at 12:25 PM. Joyce Lewis, Chair, moved to approve the minutes for the LPP Committee meeting.  Danielle Webber seconded the motion.  The minutes were approved.

3. Council Packets for the Legislator:  The group reviewed the steps still needed to be taken to complete the folders for the Legislators. We are still missing bios for Council members that need to be added to the packets. Shelagh McClure, Council Chair; and Joyce Lewis, Chair; think it would be more effective to email the form to the people who haven't sent it in. Donna Devin will email the bio form to Danielle Webber, the new representative for UCEDD on the Council.

Joyce Lewis, Chair; suggested January 20th, Friday, as the cut-off date for bios. Shelagh McClure, Council Chair; stated the folders will be sent out after that date even if bio info is incomplete. (Note:  Since the meeting, Cathy Adamczyk emailed the bio form to the members who hadn't filled it out yet.)

Donna Devin will check on the shipment of blank business cards and transparent labels to print the Council logo on and stick on the folders.

Regarding mailboxes for the Legislature, Shelagh McClure, Chair; suggested Donna Devin call the 4 different areas of the General Assembly and find out if they have a ready to print templates for labels that they could email her.

The target date for disseminating the informational folders to the Legislature is Wednesday, February 1st.

4. Legislative Matters:  Shelagh McClure, Council Chair; said one legislative item that's really percolating at the moment is the abuse investigation issue. She and Joyce Lewis, Chair will discuss writing a letter on behalf of the Council.

5. Adjourn:  Joyce Lewis, Chair, made a motion to adjourn.  Danielle Webber seconded the motion. The meeting was adjourned at 12:45 PM.



 



Content Last Modified on 1/18/2017 8:48:28 AM