Proposal Review Minutes 1-30-18
- DRAFT - - NOT APPROVED - - DRAFT -
Connecticut Council on Developmental Disabilities
Proposal Review Committee
January 30, 2018, 2:00 p.m.
55 Farmington Avenue, Hartford, CT
Presiding: Alicia Kucharczyk, Committee Chair
Recorder of Minutes: Walter Glomb
Members Present: Alicia Kucharczyk, Megan O’Neill, James Hexter, James Rosen, Patricia Richardson
Members Absent: None
Staff: Walter Glomb
- Call to Order: Alicia Kucharczyk, Chair, called the meeting to order at 2:15 p.m.
- Approval of Agenda: James Rosen moved to approve the agenda. Patricia Richardson seconded the motion. The agenda was approved unanimously.
- Discussion of Proposal from People First: The committee discussed general shortcomings of the proposal from People First including the lack of details about the conference and discrepancies in the budget.
- Vote on Proposal from People First: James Hexter moved to postpone the vote on the People First proposal until People First answers the question of the committee. Patricia Richardson seconded the motion. The motion to postpone the vote passed unanimously.
- Discussion of Proposal from UMKC: The committee discussed data and expectations of trainees to be required from the Connecticut RESCs.
- Vote on Proposal from UMKC: Patricia Richardson moved to approve the proposal from UMKC. Megan O’Neill seconded the motion. The motion to approve the proposal from UMKC passed unanimously.
- Committee recommendations to the Council Director and Chair: Alicia Kucharczyk summarized the recommendations of the committee in an email to the Council Director and the Council Chair which is attached to these minutes.
- Discussion about a method of soliciting proposals for sustainable services: The Director of the Council described his plans to use a start-up business plan competition as a means to solicit proposals for solutions to On-Demand transportation and other objectives of the Council. The Committee was generally receptive to the idea and encouraged the Director to develop a more detailed proposal.
- Adjourn: Megan O’Neill moved to adjourn. Patricia Richardson seconded the motion to adjourn. The motion to adjourn passed unanimously at 3:52 p.m.
Content Last Modified on 3/5/2018 2:58:41 PM