October 25, 2013
TO: Parties and Intervenors
FROM: Melanie Bachman, Acting Executive Director
RE: DOCKET NO. 440 – New Cingular Wireless PCS, LLC (AT&T) application for a Certificate of Environmental Compatibility and Public Need for the construction, maintenance, and operation of a telecommunications facility located at 522 Colebrook Road, Colebrook, Connecticut.
During the evidentiary hearing held on October 24, 2013 for the above-referenced matter, the Connecticut Siting Council (Council) requested the following additional information be submitted as late-filed exhibits:
1. Would it be possible to swing the access road to the west to avoid Wetland 3?
2. Please refer to AT&T’s three recent requests for exempt modification to install multiband antennas in close separation and justify the argument made in the application regarding antenna separation for flush mounts. One of the exempt mods was Bushy Hill in Simsbury.
3. When the generator is tested during its regular “exerciser,” does it operate under no load, partial load, or full load? How often is it refueled?
4. Would the proposed project be located with the Upper Housatonic Valley National Heritage Area? If yes, would the project have any adverse impacts to this resource?
5. How many square feet of forest that would be removed within 750 feet of a vernal pool would be removed by the construction of the access road? If the result exceeds 5,000 square feet, please note if this would result in a different permit category.
The Council requests that the additional information be submitted to the Council and parties and intervenors on or before October 31, 2013. The evidentiary hearing shall be continued on Thursday, November 7, 2013 at 1 p.m. in Hearing Room One at the Council office in New Britain.