This Unit is responsible for ensuring that only competent and trustworthy persons are licensed to perform insurance services in Connecticut. This is performed by developing and maintaining up-to-date educational standards and examinations for all prospective licensees and issuing and renewing of licenses to qualified applicants.
Renewals in Progress
To ensure receipt of your renewal offering, be sure that your address information is current. You may verify and/or update your address information using our Online Change in License Information
Property & Casualty Adjuster and Motor Vehicle Physical Damage (MVPD) Appraiser license: Licensees who missed the 06/30/2015 renewal deadline will need to reinstate on the Department's website. Adjusters and Appraisers cannot submit an application through NIPR at this time.
To apply for the license:
Application fee: $130.00
Note: Normal processing time is 7-10 business days. An email will be sent to you once the license has been issued.
Public Adjuster Renewal Applications (02/29/2016)
- The Department will be emailing
to all active licensees. Resident and Non-resident Public Adjusters must complete the renewal application and submit with the $250.00 payment to the Department. Renewals must be completed prior to the expiration date of April 30, 2016.
Note: You cannot email the completed renewal form to the Department. You MUST mail the completed form and fee to the Department. The Department does not accept cash or credit card payments for the renewals. Make check payable to: "Treasurer, State of Connecticut."
- How to Apply for a License/What Type of License do I Need?
- Annuity Suitability Approved CT Annuity Courses
- BULLETIN L-18
- Application for Individual or Business Entity - (RESIDENT & NONRESIDENT PRODUCERS) - Business entities need at least one designated responsible person licensed as a Producer in Connecticut prior to applying for a business entity Producer license; business entity's authority cannot exceed the combined authority of its designated responsible individual Producers.
- Application for Individual or Business Entity (RESIDENT PRODUCERS) - Please do NOT use for Renewals
- Application for Individual or Business Entity (RESIDENT AND NONRESIDENT OTHER THAN PRODUCERS) - Please do NOT use for Renewals
- Casualty Claim Adjusters
- Certified Insurance Consultants
- Life Settlement Brokers
- Motor Vehicle Physical Damage Appraisers
- Public Insurance Adjusters
- Reinsurance Intermediary Brokers and Managers
- Surplus Line Brokers
- Casualty Claim Adjuster (Study material information)
- Motor Vehicle Physical Damage (MVPD) Appraisers
- Appointment Forms & Fees - Producers (Effective October 1, 2009)
- Insurance Company Quarterly Appointment Invoice Details (NAIC # and current Invoice # required)
- Catastrophe Licensing Program
- Certification/Clearance Letter Request Form and Fee
- Change/Verification of License Information - ONLINE
- Using our online change form, Individual licensees can verify and/or change their name, residence, business, and mailing addresses, phone numbers, email address, or add or remove a DBA name. Business Entity licensees can verify and/or change their physical and mailing addresses, phone number, email address, add or remove a DBA name or add or remove Licensed Responsible Parties (designees).
- Change in Resident State (Individual or Business Entity Producers ONLY)
- Company Appointment Lists – Companies can view or print a list of current appointments for a specific NAIC number
- Company Appointment Renewal Announcement
- Connecticut Partnership for Long-Term Care
- Continuing Education (Individual Resident Producers ONLY)
- Duplicate License Request - You can Print your License Online
- Duplicate License Request Form and Fee (Bail Bond Licensees ONLY)
- Forms and Applications
- Exchange Information (Health Insurance Exchange)
- License Cancellation/Termination Form
- License Fees
- License Applications and Renewal Fees
- License Handbook
- License and Renewal Information for all License Types (Forms, Fees, License Requirements)
- Licensee and Insurance Company Lists - Freedom of Information
- Life Settlement Broker License, Registration, and Renewal Requirements
- Managing General Agent (MGA)
- Prelicensing Education/Examination
- Portable Electronics FAQs
- Renewal Dates and Fees
- Surety Bail Bond Agents Information
- Surplus Lines FAQ's
- Telephonic Applications Bulletin S-15
- Third Party Administration (TPA)
- Verify and Print a License
Content Last Modified on 7/14/2016 5:13:34 PM