This Unit is responsible for ensuring that only competent and trustworthy persons are licensed to perform insurance services in Connecticut. This is performed by developing and maintaining up-to-date educational standards and examinations for all prospective licensees and issuing and renewing of licenses to qualified applicants.
Renewals in Progress
Life Settlement Broker License Renewal forms - were mailed out to all active licensees. The completed form and $40.00 renewal fee must be received no later than March 31, 2013.
Electronic renewal are NOT available for licensees at this time. Renewals MUST be submitted using the paper form.
To ensure receipt of your renewal offering, be sure that your address information is current. You may verify and/or update your address information using our Online Change in License Information feature.
Surplus Lines Affidavit and Tax Information
Third Party Administration (TPA)
Verify and Print a License
- How to Apply for a License/What Type of License do I Need?
- Application for Individual or Business Entity - (RESIDENT & NONRESIDENT PRODUCERS) - Business entities need at least one designated responsible person licensed as a Producer in Connecticut prior to applying for a business entity Producer license; business entity's authority cannot exceed the combined authority of its designated responsible individual Producers.
- Application for Individual or Business Entity (RESIDENT PRODUCERS) - Please do NOT use for Renewals
- Application for Individual or Business Entity (RESIDENT AND NONRESIDENT OTHER THAN PRODUCERS) - Please do NOT use for Renewals
- Casualty Claim Adjusters
- Certified Insurance Consultants
- Life Settlement Brokers
- Motor Vehicle Physical Damage Appraisers
- Public Insurance Adjusters
- Reinsurance Intermediary Brokers and Managers
- Surplus Line Brokers
- Adjuster (Study material information)
- Appointment Forms & Fees - Producers (Effective October 1, 2009)
- Catastrophe Licensing Program
- Certification/Clearance Letter Request Form and Fee
- Change/Verification of License Information - ONLINE
- Using our online change form, Individual licensees can verify and/or change their name, residence, business, and mailing addresses, phone numbers, email address, or add or remove a DBA name. Business Entity licensees can verify and/or change their physical and mailing addresses, phone number, email address, add or remove a DBA name or add or remove Licensed Responsible Parties (designees).
- Change in Resident State (Individual or Business Entity Producers ONLY)
- Company Appointment Lists – Companies can view or print a list of current appointments for a specific NAIC number
- Company Appointment Renewal Announcement
- Connecticut Partnership for Long-Term Care
- Continuing Education (Individual Resident Producers ONLY)
- Duplicate License Request - You can Print your License Online
- Duplicate License Request Form and Fee (Bail Bond Licensees ONLY)
- Forms and Applications
- Important New Procedures for the Upcoming Company Appointment Renewals (NIPR)
- License Cancellation/Termination Form
- License Fees (Effective October 1, 2009)
- License Fees (PDF 97 kb) (Notice September 16, 2009)
- License Handbook
- License and Renewal Information for all License Types (Forms, Fees, License Requirements)
- Licensee and Insurance Company Lists
- Life Settlement Broker License, Registration, and Renewal Requirements
- Prelicensing Education/Examination
- Renewal Dates and Fees (Effective October 1, 2011)
- Surety Bail Bond Agents Information
Content Last Modified on 5/13/2013 10:15:47 AM