Director of Legislative Affairs
The legislative unit provides support to the CID by managing the operations of the departmentís legislative agenda by seeking approval and enactment of critical insurance-related laws in the General Assembly. The unit also:
- Monitors all other legislative and budget initiatives and activities that affect the regulatory authority of the CID
- Assists in coordinating testimony presented to the General Assembly on behalf of the CID
- Assists legislators in resolving insurance-related constituent matters
The communications unit provides timely updates to consumers and the media on a wide range of issues affecting the insurance industry, rates, consumer complaints, fraud investigations with comprehensive outreach that offers:
- Interactive Web site
- E-mail alerts
- Press releases, advisories and department statements
- Community forums
- Educational seminars
- Speakersí bureau for municipal and business events
The unit also provides internal support for the Connecticut Insurance Department (CID) through newsletters, Web-based communication and correspondence.
All media inquiries for print, radio and television and Internet news sites can be directed to Communications Director Donna Tommelleo, 860-297-3958.
Content Last Modified on 8/29/2016 4:21:45 PM