PRODUCER RENEWAL INFORMATION
Note: The Department does not accept cash, check or paper applications.
Please review your submission carefully: renewal fees are non-refundable.
The Online Renewal Notification
is emailed to the licensee’s email on file at least 60 days prior to your license expiration date. You must
at National Insurance Producer Registry
(NIPR) website, select "Renew" to renew your license. You are eligible to renew 90 days prior to your expiration date.
Questions regarding the submission of your application contact NIPR at:
NIPR accepts Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, PayPal or electronic check.
- Select “Renew.”
- On the “Application Select" page
- Select “Resident Licensing Renewals” or “Non-Resident Renewals”
- On the “State Requirements” page, select “RENEW HERE” (Green box)
UPDATE YOUR LICENSE:
Please be reminded that it is the responsibility of the licensee to keep contact information current. Failure to receive a renewal reminder notice does NOT excuse the licensee from Connecticut renewal obligations.
To change or update
licensee’s email or address information – Edit Demographics
Allow 1-2 business days for the changes to be updated to your license.
Note: you will not be able to update your information, once you are processing your renewal through NIPR.
- If you hold Property/Casualty, Personal Lines, Life, or Health authority, you must complete 24 continuing education credits to renew.
- It is recommended that you complete your CE requirement 2 months prior to your expiration date.
- Make sure you have completed all requirements outlined on your transcript. The “status” must read “Compliant” for all categories.
- You may not “drop” a line of authority – the authority held at the beginning of the current license period determines the CE requirement for that license period.
- Licensees that hold “Credit Only” or “Travel Only” authority do not have a CE requirement.
- If you have completed your CE course(s) and the information is not showing on your transcript, contact the vendor you took the course with directly.
- Check your CE requirement on the transcript link below.
- Note: New licensees must also complete 24 CE credits upon their first renewal.
Questions regarding CE transcripts or CE requirements contact Prometric at:
Non-residents: You are not required to complete continuing education credits in Connecticut.
Business Entities: No CE is required
Your license expires on the last day of your birth month. If this is your first renewal, you must still complete the full 24 CE credit requirement.
The license expires January 31st each even-numbered year.
The amendment fee of $130.00 is still required if you amend during your renewal period. Amending your license authority is a separate transaction from the renewal.
It is recommended that you renew your license prior to submitting the amendment application.
Individuals: If you failed to pay the renewal fee and complete your CE requirement (Residents ONLY) by the license expiration date, your license and all appointments will cancel.
Business Entities: If the entity fails to renew by January 31st (even numbered years), the fee will be $320 plus the NIPR transaction fee.
Note: Individuals and Business entities have one year from the license expiration date to late renew by going to National Insurance Producer Registry
(NIPR) website. select "Renew."
Failure to comply with payment and CE requirement will result in cancellation of your license AND all insurance company appointments. Prior to representing any insurance company or its products you must meet appointment requirements.
To reinstate the license for up to one (1) year after the expiration date, you will be required to complete the CE requirement (Residents Individuals Only) and pay a late fee of $160.00, for a total of $320.00.
After one (1) year, residents will be required to complete pre-licensing education course and pass the exam, prior to submitting the reinstatement application. To submit the application, go to National Insurance Producer Registry
(NIPR) website. Select “Apply for License.” The reinstatement fee is $130.00 plus the NIPR transaction fee.
Content Last Modified on 3/5/2018 4:12:34 PM