Bail Bonds Regulation
Public Act 11-45, enacted by the 2011 General Assembly, took effect October 1, 2011 and resulted in new mandates for the surety bail bonds industry. There is now a required assessment fee of $450 a year for audits as well as regulations overseeing mandated recordkeeping, monthly reports, premium financing and collateral security requirements. This site contains detailed information on the law, FAQs and required forms that can be downloaded. Questions can be e-mailed to email@example.com
- Bulletin IC-35 (PDF) - Changes to the requirements applicable to Surety Bail Bond Agents due to the passage of Public Act 11-45
- Bail Bonds Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Fees & Deadlines
- September 1, 2013: Bail bond license renewal questionnaire and request for background check mailed out from the Connecticut Insurance Department (CID).
- November 1, 2013: Deadline for return of license renewal questionnaire and background check.
- November 1, 2013: Invoice for $450 bail bond assessment mailed out from CID.
- December 1, 2013: License renewal applications mailed out from CID.
- January 31, 2013: $450 annual assessment due back to CID.
- January 31, 2014: Final day for biennual renewal to CID.
NOTE: Renewal applications received after January 31st will not be accepted.
Content Last Modified on 9/26/2012 9:49:45 AM