Financial Regulation Division
The Financial Regulation Division monitors the financial condition of domestic and foreign insurers, health care centers and fraternal benefit societies authorized to do business in Connecticut. Financial statements and other information required to be filed by statute are analyzed, and on-site financial examinations are conducted to ensure that the entities remain solvent and capable of meeting their contractual obligations to policyholders and claimants. The Division reviews and approves the formation and licensure of new Connecticut domestic insurers and applications submitted by foreign insurers seeking a Certificate of Authority to write business in the state. Applications of surplus lines insurers, approved reinsurers, and risk retention groups are also reviewed. In addition, the Division is responsible for holding company registration statements, domestic company transactions, mergers, acquisitions, and redomestications.
Actuarial staff for both life and property casualty are assigned within the Division. The actuarial staff participates in both the analysis of financial statements and the on-site financial examinations.
The Connecticut Insurance Department is accredited by the National Association of Insurance Commissioners.
- Fraternal Societies - Checklist, Notes, General Instructions
- Health Insurers - Checklist, Notes, General Instructions
- Life, Accident & Health Insurers - Checklist, Notes, General Instructions
- Property & Casualty Insurers - Checklist, Notes, General Instructions
- Title Companies - Checklist, Notes, General Instructions
- Accredited Reinsurers - BULLETIN FS-4AR-15- Financial Reporting Requirements for ALL ACCREDITED REINSURERS
- Captive Insurers - BULLETIN FS-4C-15 - Financial Reporting Requirements for CAPTIVE INSURERS
- Risk Retention Groups - BULLETIN FS-4RR-15 - Financial Reporting Requirements for RISK RETENTION GROUPS
- Surplus Lines Insurers - BULLETIN FS-4SL-15 - Financial Reporting Requirements for ALL ELIGIBLE SURPLUS LINES INSURERS
- Sample of Retention of Assets Statement
Field Financial Examination:
- lines of insurance or their components for which coverage is believed by the Commissioner to be generally unavailable from licensed insurers.
Content Last Modified on 11/18/2015 4:04:15 PM