RELEVENT STATE ORGANIZATIONS/AGENCIES
CEN, Connecticut Education Network
Department of Energy and Environmental Protection, Public Utility Regulatory Authority (scroll down for the Telcom box on left)
Connecticut Office of Consumer Counsel
RELEVANT FEDERAL AGENCIES
- FCC, Federal Communications Commission
- NTIA, National Telecommunications and Information Administration
- NASUCA, National Association of State Utility Consumer Advocates
INDUSTRY NEWS SITES
- Broadband DSL Reports, Online community for interest in consumer broadband (and related) information, news and tools.
- Broadcasting & Cable, Online and print magazine that covers the entire spectrum of broadcast, cable, satellite, telco, multimedia, broadband, and other emerging technologies.
- DSLprime.com, News of the fast net, always looking to get closer to the truth.
- Warren Communications News, Inc., Publisher of hard news on telecom, broadcasting, the Internet and the consumer electronics industries. Fee-based subscriptions. Free trials are offered.
NON-PROFIT & PUBLIC INTEREST GROUPS
The Benton Foundation works to ensure that media and telecommunications serve the public interest and enhance democracy.
- Berkman Center for Internet and Society at Harvard University
- BroadbandCensus.Com, Broadband Availability through Census Taking
- Broadband for America, Coalition of close to 100 members dedicated to bringing broadband access to every household in the nation.
- Fiber-to the Home Council North America, Non-profit that helps its members with planning, marketing, implementing and managing FTTH solutions.
- Joint Center for Political and Economic Studies (Media & Technology)
- One Economy Corporation, Global nonprofit organization that uses innovative approaches to deliver the power of technology and information to low-income people.
- PewResearch, Pew Internet and American Life Project, one of seven projects that make up the Pew Research Center, a nonpartisan, nonprofit "fact tank" that provides information on the issues, attitudes and trends shaping America and the world. The Project produces reports exploring the impact of the internet on families, communities, work and home, daily life, education, health care, and civic and political life.
- PublicKnowledge.org, D.C.-based public interest group defending citizens' rights in emerging digital culture
- US Broadband Coalition
- WiMAX Forum, Industry-led, not-for-profit for certifying and promoting compatibility and interoperability of broadband wireless products per IEEE 802.16/ETSI HiperMAN standard.
Content Last Modified on 11/21/2011 9:36:29 AM