The mission of the Office of Protection and Advocacy for Persons with Disabilities is to advance the cause of equal rights for persons with disabilities and their families by:
- increasing the ability of individuals, groups and systems to safeguard rights;
- exposing instances and patterns of discrimination and abuse;
- seeking individual and systemic remediation when rights are violated;
- increasing public awareness of unjust situations and of means to address them; and
- empowering people with disabilities and their families to advocate effectively.
OPA 2012 Policy Statements
Content Last Modified on 10/31/2012 1:14:13 PM