DRS: Individual Information

Income Tax Information

Return Filing:  April 18, 2017
Extensions:  October 16, 2017
Washington DC will celebrate Emancipation Day on Monday, April 17, 2017.  As a result, any federal return otherwise due on April 15 that is filed (mailed or transmitted) on Tuesday, April 18, 2017, will be considered timely filed.   Emancipation Day is considered a legal holiday for Connecticut income tax purposes.  Therefore, Connecticut income tax returns and payments normally due on April 15 will be treated as timely if they are filed and payments made on or before Tuesday, April 18, 2017.
Such returns include 2016 calendar year filers of Forms CT-1040, CT-1040NR/PY, CT-1040EXT, CT-1041, CT-1041EXT the first installment of 2017 Forms CT-1040ES and CT-1041ES, CT-1065/CT-1120SI, CT-1065/CT-1120SI EXT. 


This change does not affect any other taxes, except use tax and gift tax.

  1. Debit Card information
  2. CT-EITC Program
  3. Filing Season Reminders
  4. Where can I file my taxes?
  5. Where can I get Individual Forms?
  6. Where do I mail the return?
  7. How do I calculate my tax?
  8. How do I make estimated payments?
  9. How do I pay my Income tax balance due?
  10. Information about my refund
  11. Refund offset Information
  12. How do I change my legal name/mailing address?
  13. How do I reset my password (TSC-IND)?
  14. How do I correct a previously filed income tax return?
  15. How do I get copies of my Income Tax return?
  16. How do I get an Income Tax Status Letter?
  17. Employee Withholding issues
  18. Common Filing Topic Questions
  19. File 50 or more Income tax returns?
  20. Income Tax Regulations
  21. Requesting help from Taxpayer Advocate
  22. Legislative Update
  23. Warnings/Common filing errors
  24. Missing ITIN or SSN number

Where Can I File My Taxes?

How do I Calculate My Tax?  Use..

Refund Information

Change Legal Name/Address

Copies of Returns
Income Tax Returns:  You can print copies of most income tax returns right now using the Taxpayer Service Center (TSC):
To Access Returns (available for current year and 2 prior years):
  1. Log into your individual account on the TSC-IND (for individual income tax).
  2. From the main menu select View Returns.
  3. Select the return by clicking on the confirmation number.
  4. Select “print” from your browser tool bar.

**Note: If the return you wish to print does not appear on the View Returns screen you must complete Form LGL-002 and mail it to the DRS.  It will take approximately 3 weeks from the time we receive your request to send you a copy of you return(s).

Copies of Someone Else's Return:   To obtain a copy of a return filed by someone other than yourself, you must have authorization from that person.  That person should complete Form LGL-001 giving you power of attorney to request the return.  Send Form LGL-001 with Form LGL-002 to request another person's return.

There is NO FEE for obtaining copies of filed returns.


Employee Withholding Issues

Common Filing Issues/Questions by Topics

Where to get forms

How do I Reset My TSC-IND password?

Warnings/Common Filing Errors
  • Be sure to send all 4 pages of the return
  • Be sure to include any applicable schedules (CT-EITC)
  • Complete all schedules for which you are claiming credits - for example if you are claiming the property tax credit be sure to complete Schedule 3 - Property tax credit
  • If filing an extension of time to file and you owe money this will not extend your time to pay.  Money is due by due date of the return regardless.