Income Tax Information
Income Tax bills
Please be aware that in May, DRS began issuing income tax bills for the 2017 tax year(due April 17th). These bills are for taxpayers who filed their returns paying less than the amount due. The billing notice describes the reason for your bill (such as: underpayment, late payment, calculation or math error, or late and underpayment of required estimates). Taxpayers are encouraged to pay these bills electronically on the CT DRS website Taxpayer Service Center (TSC) or by submitting a check along with the bottom portion of the billing notice. Taxpayers who are experiencing short term financial hardship and are unable to pay in full are encouraged to pay as much as they can; and set up a payment plan for the balance. This may be done in many cases through the TSC; in some cases you will be instructed to contact a Revenue Agent to establish a payment schedule.
- What's New?
- CT-EITC Program
- Filing Season Reminders
- Where can I file my taxes?
- Where can I get Individual Forms?
- Where do I mail the return?
- How do I calculate my tax?
- How do I make estimated payments?
- How do I pay my Income tax balance due?
- Information about my refund
- Refund offset Information
- How do I change my legal name/mailing address?
- How do I reset my password (TSC-IND)?
- How do I correct a previously filed income tax return?
- How do I get copies of my Income Tax return?
- How do I get an Income Tax Status Letter?
- Employee Withholding issues
- Common Filing Topic Questions
- File 50 or more Income tax returns?
- Income Tax Regulations
- Requesting help from Taxpayer Advocate
- Legislative Update
- Warnings/Common filing errors
- Missing ITIN or SSN number
- Debit Card information
Where Can I File My Taxes?
How do I Calculate My Tax? Use..
Change Legal Name/Address
Income Tax Returns: You can print copies of most income tax returns right now using the Taxpayer Service Center (TSC):
To Access Returns (available for current year and 2 prior years):
- Log into your individual account on the TSC-IND (for individual income tax).
- From the main menu select View Returns.
- Select the return by clicking on the confirmation number.
- Select “print” from your browser tool bar.
**Note: If the return you wish to print does not appear on the View Returns screen you must complete Form LGL-002 and mail it to the DRS. It will take approximately 3 weeks from the time we receive your request to send you a copy of you return(s).
Copies of Someone Else's Return:
To obtain a copy of a return filed by someone other than yourself, you must have authorization from that person. That person should complete Form LGL-001
giving you power of attorney to request the return. Send Form LGL-001 with Form LGL-002 to request another person's return.
There is NO FEE for obtaining copies of filed returns.
Employee Withholding Issues
Common Filing Issues/Questions by Topics
How do I Reset My TSC-IND password?
Warnings/Common Filing Errors
- Be sure to send all 4 pages of the return
- Be sure to include any applicable schedules (CT-EITC)
- Complete all schedules for which you are claiming credits - for example if you are claiming the property tax credit be sure to complete Schedule 3 - Property tax credit
- If filing an extension of time to file and you owe money this will not extend your time to pay. Money is due by due date of the return regardless.