Income Tax Information
Due Date - Tuesday, April 15, 2014
- Debit Card information
- CT-EITC Program
- Filing Season Reminders
- Where can I file my taxes?
- Where can I get Individual Forms?
- Where do I mail the return to?
- How do I calculate my tax?
- How do I make estimated payments?
- How do I pay my Income tax balance due?
- Information about my refund
- Refund offset Information
- How do I change my legal name/mailing address?
- How do I reset my password (TSC-IND)?
- How do I correct a previously filed income tax return?
- How do I get copies of my Income Tax return?
- How do I get an Income Tax Status Letter?
- Employee Withholding issues
- Common Filing Topic Questions
- File 50 or more Income tax returns?
- Income Tax Regulations
- Requesting help from Taxpayer Advocate
- Legislative Update
- Warnings/Common filing errors
- Missing ITIN or SSN number
Where Can I File My Taxes?
How do I calculate my Tax? Use..
Change Legal Name/Address
Income Tax Returns: You can print copies of most income tax returns right now using the Taxpayer Service Center (TSC):
To Access Returns (available for current year and 2 prior years):
- Log into your individual account on the TSC-IND (for individual income tax).
- From the main menu select View Returns.
- Select the return by clicking on the confirmation number.
- Select “print” from your browser tool bar.
**Note: If the return you wish to print does not appear on the View Returns screen you must complete Form LGL-002 and mail it to the DRS. It will take approximately 3 weeks from the time we receive your request to send you a copy of you return(s).
Copies of Someone Else's Return:
To obtain a copy of a return filed by someone other than yourself, you must have authorization from that person. That person should complete Form LGL-001
giving you power of attorney to request the return. Send Form LGL-001 with Form LGL-002 to request another person's return.
There is NO FEE for obtaining copies of filed returns.
Employee Withholding Issues
Common Filing Issues/Questions by Topics
How do I reset my TSC-IND password?
Warnings/Common Filing Errors
- Be sure to send all 4 pages of the return
- Be sure to include any applicable schedules (CT-EITC)
- Complete all schedules for which you are claiming credits - for example if you are claiming the property tax credit be sure to complete Schedule 3 - Property tax credit
- If filing an extension of time to file and you owe money this will not extend your time to pay. Money is due by due date of the return regardless.