Additional Greenways Links and Information
CT Trails Symposium Selected Presentations
- CT Forest & Park Association - Finding the Right Trail Crew for You
- Town of Cheshire - Farmington Canal Heritage Trail management
- City of New Britain - Trail planning, construction and maintenance
- CT Trail Census - program details and update
- NVCOG - Pathway to Revitalization Economic Impacts of the Phased Completion of the Naugatuck River Greenway
- Trail-related Risk and Recreational Liability - Presentation by Beth Bryan Critton of Shipman & Goodwin, at a conference held in Torrington in 2015. Read the related Senate House Bill 6557
- Engaging Youth and Families into the Trail Community – Discuss and review strategies of multiple organization for engaging families and children of all age ranges into trail exploration, recreation, and stewardship. Presented by Kimberly Bradley, Avalonia Land Conservancy/SECT NEMBA/ Eightmile River Wild and Scenic Coordination Committee.
- Urban Greenway Gaps – The importance of connected greenways and bicycle routes in urban communities. Panel of experts facilitated by Anthony Cherolis, Transport Hartford Coordinator at the Center for Latino Progress.
- Beyond the Linear Trail: How to meet the needs of different recreational users in a trail system (walkers, mt. bikers, equestrians). Presented by Paula Burton, President of Housatonic Valley NEMBA , also board member of New England Mountain Bike Assoc.
National Organizations/Greenway Information
Content last updated November 5, 2018